Friday, May 13, 2011

Tomato Caesar Salad

It's been a gorgeous day in Vancouver today. The sun was shining all day trying hard to warm us up despite the cold wind. It's still a bit cool, but today was the first day so far this year that it's been warm enough to eat my lunch in the park. Awesome. I'm definitely looking forward to many more lunch breaks like that.


IMG_4817

For dinner, I think I'll just stick with something simple and fresh and think about those warm summer days on the horizon. I just chopped up some romaine lettuce and heirloom tomatoes and topped it with some balsamic croutons. There's a homemade caesar dressing as well, but I put it on after I took the photos. The salad looks prettier without it, anyway.

I'm looking forward to the farmer's market tomorrow, too. I now live just a block or so from the market at Trout Lake so I have no excuse not to go every week. I'm quite looking forward to seeing what goodies I can discover. I'm hoping to find some fruit for a pie or even some sweet, organic, local strawberries to use in making some strawberry shortcake cupcakes.

My absolute favorite thing from the farmer's market is the garlic. Oh, goodness. Fresh garlic is where it's at.  I'm going to venture into making some more sourdough bread this weekend and I'm thinking of filling the dough with loads of roasted garlic cloves. Yum! I can't wait to see how that'll turn out.

1 comment: