Friday, July 1, 2011

A Weiner and Other Randomness

Goodness gracious. I do apologize that I've been MIA for so long. Yikes. I should have announced the contest winner last weekend. So much has been going on around here lately that it's amazing I'm able to keep my head on straight. I've been thinking about food quite a bit lately, but I've either not really had much to say or I haven't had the time to say it. I have such a backlog of photos, I really have no excuse.

Thanks to everyone who entered the contest to win a copy of the Joy of Vegan Baking! I appreciate the suggestions so much. I'll try and incorporate as many as I can in future posts. I've been looking for more portable foods to take for lunches and snacks during the day, so it's kind of good that so many of you want more of that, too. It'll help me get my butt in gear and get it figured out.

Congrats to Emma who is the weiner! Erm, I mean winner. So says the random number generator! Hey, Emma, send me an email at veganchicksrock [at] gmail [dot] com with your address and I'll send the book on over. :) Thankfully Canada Post is delivering mail again after the strike so that's a good thing.

randomNumberGeneratorJune11

It's just starting to act like summer here in Vancouver. I guess I should be glad that it's not crazy hot. Most people I know in other places seem to be completely overwhelmed with heat at the moment. The cool weather keeps me distracted from wanting an ice cream maker. I have way too many gadgets as it is, but wouldn't it just be so awesome to be able to make homemade ice cream and sorbet? I've been really wanting some cantaloupe sorbet lately so I think I'm going to have to improvise. I think if I just blend some frozen pieces of it that might do the trick.

Speaking of gadgets, my immersion blender died on me this past week. It was a sad day. I've used that thing almost every day for about 4 years so I can't really complain. The poor thing was just not interested in making one more smoothie for me. So much thick smoke started pouring out of it. I could hear some crackling inside, too. I was so nervous that I unplugged it and tossed it in a sink full of water. Yikes! It's never a good sign when your appliances catch on fire from the inside! I guess I'm in search of another immersion blender this weekend. Hopefully there will be some good Canada Day sales going on.

More food talk soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment