Sunday, October 2, 2011

Cowboy Cookies

I'm doing it again. As I was looking through my photos to decide what to talk about today, I started getting hungry. I really want to make some cookies today after thinking about how great these tasted.


I was feeling like making some chocolate chip cookies one day but I kind of wanted something with a twist. These Cowboy Cookies were perfect. The cookie base holds together quite well and isn't too cakey or greasy. It's not overly crunchy, but has that perfect cookie bite to it. Enter in some chocolate chips, toasted pecans, oats and coconut flakes and your mouth is pretty darn happy. I was sad when we had finished the batch of cookies.

I don't make cookies all that often so sometimes I forget just how great they are. They're not too big, so it's usually okay to have 2 or 3 of them. They're portable so they're easy to grab and take to work for a snack later or for sneaking into a movie theatre.


This recipe came from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar. I know, I know, it seems like I'm always posting about other people's recipes. It's because I usually forget to take photos when I make my own things. Typically when I cook, I just throw things together and about half the time I forget to write down what ingredients and quantities I was using.

Hopefully I have some time to make cookies before I'm out and about this afternoon. October isn't just Vegan MoFo, it's also my annual Month of Horror where I try to go see every horror movie that's in the theatres. I usually end up seeing a one or two movies a week all month. It's a lot of fun, actually. I think this year I'm going to add in some movie nights at home with friends as well.

Canadian Thanksgiving is coming up next weekend as well. I've been procrastinating making my menu plans. I really need to get on that. Only a few more days to shop for everything before the big dinner on Sunday! I definitely need some cookies to help me think.


2 comments:

  1. Those cookies look great, I've had that recipe bookmarked for ages. I might have to make them sooner rather than later now.

    ReplyDelete